Monday, October 6, 2014

Blogworthy

Sometimes as a Blogger, I find myself asking myself, "Is this blog-worthy?"  Is what I am about to written worth it for my intended audience?  Will it have any impact?  Will I have anything new or interesting to say?

Successful collaborative blogging requires consistency.  Regular updates.  Regular checking-in.  The blogger has to be connected with his or her readers.  Quick to reply.  Quick to engage the reader.  If students have questions, they should feel like their inquiries are addressed. Topics should be interesting and should serve a purpose.  In education, a blogworthy post should encourage additional investigation.  

So what do you find blogworthy? As an educator,what might entice your readers?

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. There is a teacher in my building that uses a blog to keep students aware of assignments and posts notes for them. I guess blogworthiness is in the eye of the beholder, but you do have to be careful not to just post things that aren't going to have an impact. As a government teacher, I could see myself using a blog to discuss current events and getting the students more engaged.

    ReplyDelete